Senior Medical Secretary
Full Administration & Secretarial Service to the Medical Director.
- Effectively co-ordinate patient appointments, taking bookings on patient appointment phone, at Keats House, via email, fax and letter.
- Registering and entering new patient details on Midex
- Booking and confirming appointments on Midex
- Sending letter / email to New patients and informing referrers including registration/consent forms, maps, health questionnaires etc
- Rescheduling appointments for cancellations /sickness
- Maintaining a cancellation list on remote site
- Arranging / co-ordinating meetings
- Arranging travel arrangements
- Arranging dinner arrangements
- Booking conferences / CPD
Typing from audio / copy typing of clinic letters and reports
- Producing high quality documents using Word and Voice Dictation software packages.
- First Day Appointment letters
- GP Update letters
- Assessment Summaries
- Update letters / emails to GP’s
- Email / Letters to Occupational Health Departments
- Faxes / other reports as required
Assist in the preparation of presentations and lectures
- Producing high quality presentations using PowerPoint software packages as required.
To act as first line of contact for patients and to respond to all queries promptly and in a responsive and courteous manner.
- To have responsibility for the patient appointment phone; taking messages and directing queries as appropriate.
- To manage all patient queries using the time management pro-forma outlined in the Doctors Diary Management Protocol for audit and governance purposes.
Receiving messages from telephone / email as appropriate, taking clear messages and passing these to Dr Pereira using judgement on urgency
- Regularly listening to voicemail on patient appointment phone and phone at Keats House, regularly checking emails for patient-related queries / requests
- To record all telephone / email patient enquiries on diary management pro-forma
Co-ordinating clinics, ensuring clinic notes are prepared and available
- Ensuring new patient files are made available for appointments
Invoicing clients, insurance companies, and other agencies for consultations, maintaining up-to-date accounts and ensuring receipt of payments for the practice and the therapists in his team in a prompt manner.
- Ensure invoices are generated on a twice-weekly basis, for the previous weeks consultations
- Recording cheque /card payments received on a twice-weekly basis
- Undertake weekly credit control procedures; such as identifying old outstanding invoices and actively chasing payments from debtors.
- Manage the electronic billing system
Maintenance of personal accounts when required.
- Input business / personal expenses onto clinical management system (Midex Pro)
Maintaining paper-based and computer systems
- Assist in audit and practice development of office (admin & secretarial) systems
- Assist in the development of prescription records on clinical management system.
- Ensure all clinical governance pro-forma are completed accurately.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
|Job Category||Medical Secretary|