London, South East England
Be one of the first ten applicants
We are looking for an experienced, bright, outgoing, honest and hard working individual for the role of practice manager in a busy Private Clinic in the Harley Street area.
The position is on a full-time basis starting as soon as possible. The job of Practice Manager will involve managing a team of consultant dermatologists, plastic surgeons and an Assistant Manager and various PAs and office assistants.
Duties of the practice manager will include invoicing and financial record keeping as well as managerial meetings with the clinical director. Further office duties and reception work will include face to face and telephone interaction with potential clients and suppliers. The practice manager should be prepared to undertake the responsibilities listed below and understand that all data and ongoing events at the clinic would need to be handled in the strictest confidence.
Although previous experience in a private dermatology is not a requirement per se, it would certainly help. We expect the applicant to speak and write grammatically correct English and have experience with customers face to face. Additional languages might be helpful as we have an international clientele. In addition we would like to see evidence of initiative and organisation via previous roles. The applicant must show they can be a team leader on managerial level or at least have the ambition to lead a small team. Experience of dealing with several tasks at one time, an ability to prioritise and apply common sense would help.
Key responsibilities – the practice manager should be responsible for:
1. Day to day management of teams of varying skill and qualification
2. Financial accountability and record keeping
3. Ensuring appropriate written, electronic and verbal correspondence between clients and practitioners
4. Organising and updating relevant data using database applications.
5. Organising and maintaining medical stock
6. Face to face liaison with clients, professionals and suppliers
7. Induction of support staff and doctors
8. Staff development, training and performance management
9. Identifying and invoicing outstanding or missing payments
10. Cash handling
11. Showing professionalism when answering calls and emails
12. Effective time management
Desirable Skill Requirements
Team Working – The ability to work with others collaboratively.
Motivation – The ability to show personal motivation and enthusiasm towards the role to include working long hours on occasion.
Leadership – an ability to assume charge in certain situations and delegate effectively and appropriately when the need arises.
Communication – The ability to build rapport and interact effectively with others, especially patients. Having an awareness of differing communication styles that might be required to suit different clientele would be helpful.
Customer Focus – The ability to consider and understand the extent to which customer needs are being met and implement solutions to deliver excellence and ensure that the customer is the main business focus.
Confidentiality – The healthcare industry requires by law that all interactions between the business and paying clients are handled in complete confidentiality
Personal Effectiveness and Organisation – Demonstration of the ability to organise oneself and team and provide effective leadership.
YOU MUST HAVE PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE WORKING AS A PRACTICE MANAGER IN A PRIVATE CLINIC/HOSPITAL/PRACTICE
£45,000 – £50,000 plus bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Private medical insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (preferred)
Application deadline: 27/10/2021
- How many years of Medical Practice Management experience do you have?
- Please list 2-3 dates and time ranges when you could do an interview.