Pharmacy Technician – Part Time
Up to 20 hours a week
£15,000 – £17,000
Our client is one of UK’s leading private orthopaedic and sports injury companies, Their vision was to create a clinic that would bring together the country’s leading experts in orthopaedics and sports injury treatment, with a shared commitment to advancing the science of medicine and a better patient experience.
They are looking for a dynamic and innovative Pharmacy Technician to be responsible for the development and delivery of medicines management services at two of their London Clinics. This is a newly created role. You must be registered as a pharmacy technician with the GPHC and ideally have previous hospital/ similar experience.
Medicines procurement, order reconciliation & returns processing for clinic locations.
Regularly review availability of medicines, sourcing & communicating on alternatives
Process unlicensed/ new medicines requests & required approvals
Source preferential pricing contracts for medicines used on site & overlabelled pre-packed TTOs
Establish & monitor stock par levels according to usage of medicines.
Undertake regular stock-take & audit activities.
Act in accordance with GPHC professional registration standards
Work with pharmacist to ensure companies policies & standard operating procedures (SOPs) are adhered to, fit for purpose, followed in practice & reviewed and updated regularly.
Maintain standards of medicines management per CQC, Home Office & GPHC.
Ensure compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, COSHH, infection control and other relevant regulations.
Abide by the Clinic Code of Conduct
Comply with the requirements of the Data Protection Act
Maintain good working relationships with colleagues.
- NVQ Level 2 qualification/ equivalent.
- Registration as pharmacy Technician with GPHC.
- Previous Hospital Pharmacy Experience. Band 2/3.
- Good keyboard skills.
- Good numerical skills
- Has knowledge of record keeping.
- Used to working in a team & on own.
- Works to protocols, procedures, and SOPs.
- Adaptable to change.
- Good verbal communication – face to face, telephone.
- Good written communication.
- Able to keep accurate records.
Previous Private Healthcare organisation experience
– Valid GPHC registration , Enhanced DBS on the update service , 6 months experience in working in the UK as a Pharmacy Technician.