Our client is looking for an Ophthalmic Nurse to look after patient’s pre and postoperatively. Must have Ophthalmic scrub experience.
The role involves some ophthalmic diagnostic testing, as well as assisting the surgeon in the theatre.
Role and Responsibilities
- The ability to set personal goals above prescribed goals
- The ability to deal with high-stress environments in a pro-active manner
- The ability to differentiate between important and urgent tasks, and prioritise and complete multiple tasks
- Excellent time management
- The need to demonstrate flexibility, including duties, hours of work, breaks, working conditions, working with team members, protocols and procedures, updates in knowledge etc.
- An openness to change, growth, and take on greater levels of responsibility and performance
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively, calmly and compassionately, during various points of contact with patients and staff alike
- Pre and post-operative ophthalmic testing
- Administer and dispensing eye drops
- Education on how to use drops
- Assisting the surgeon in surgery
- Ordering of medical supplies
- Stock takes
- Following Care Quality Commission standards
- Correspondence with patients
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing and to hold a valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A self-starter, capable of working within a team with minimal supervision
- Clerical and administrative experience using computers
- Working Knowledge of a simple database application, word, excel, email and Internet
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to speak a second language will be advantages, but not necessary
Hours: Thursday & Friday 8.5 hours per day. (Does require flexibility)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 per year
If this is the role for you, then please get in touch today!
#generalnurse #nurse #ophthalmicnurse #vision #nursing #ophthalmic