Medical PA Team Leader
Our client, a private GP clinic based in Beaconsfield are looking for a Medical PA Team Leader to join their team
Main Duties & Responsibilities
The post holder will be expected to undertake a variety of duties and the above is intended to indicate the range rather than set limits. To maintain the efficient running of the Practice, it is important that all staff are prepared to take on additional/relinquish existing duties as necessary
General PA Tasks -to manage the team to ensure the following tasks are completed in a professional manner and to be undertaken by the Team Leader according to needs/workload of the team:
Accurately type clinical correspondence, medical reports etc for allocated GP(s)
Liaising with Consultant personal assistants to manage timely referrals
Assisting the Patient Services team with answering the telephone and dealing with queries as per the clinic`s protocol
Receive telephone messages and queries and deal with them efficiently.
Manage incoming emails, mail and direct appropriately.
Taking card payments from patients
Updating the practice log to manage the flow of referrals etc.
Documenting in the patient’s records and ensuring an accurate record of actions and follow up
Assisting the admin team answering phones, making appointments, taking payments etc
Arranging meetings and scheduling for GP’s (manage any recurring meetings)
Recoding records from data transferred from clinical software and ensure documents are filed under the correct heading.
Follow up with assigned GPs on Death Reporting ensuring the spreadsheet is completed in a timely manner.
Ensure all compliance requirements are up to date including policies and training requirements, and the completion of minor incident spreadsheets as required.
Ensure complaint forms and allocated paperwork is completed by allocated GP in the event of complaints or events.
* Line Management of the Medical PA Team
* Set targets for quality of service and manage regular audits of teamwork.
* Ensuring that appropriate cover is available for absences such as annual leave, sickness, or meetings
* Carry out regular objective setting and performance review meetings ensuring that staff training needs are identified and addressed in a reasonable time frame
* Monitor job descriptions ensuring they are updated appropriately and promptly when changes are introduced
* Implement ownership of tasks related to allocated GPs to allow for continuity of workflow.
* Oversee preparation of agendas, ensure allocated team members attend and minute take for weekly Clinical Meetings and Nurse meetings
Perform allocated Risk Assessments specific to team role.
Qualifications; skills and experience
- Educational achievement to at least GCSE (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths
- At least 4 years customer service and administration experience
- Computer literate, able to use a range of software programmes including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. The ability to learn new IT software quickly (with training)
- First Class communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent keyboarding skills
- Ability to think laterally and find solutions to problems
- Excellent attention to detail
Salary £28,000 – £32,000
|Salary||£28,000 - £32,000|