Our client, a leading private medical clinic in East London are looking for an experienced Clinical Lead. This could suit a Clinical Lead with previous experience of being a Theatre Nurse or Pharmaceutical Nurse
- Coordinate and supervise the activities of clinical team members engaged in clinical care for patients.
- Assist the practice to achieve set targets and maintain high standards in CQC compliance and the UK legislation.
- Ensure high quality clinical care for patients by reviewing and researching concerns or complaints and recommending corrective actions as appropriate.
- Identify and recommend policies and procedures as needed to ensure quality, compliance, accuracy and cost efficiency.
- Aid the clinic manager in the recruiting and training of medical staff.
- Share related clinical information and best practice with all members of staff by organising clinical meetings, trainings and clinical audits.
- Maintain excellent communication and effective working relationships with patients and all members of the team.
- Identify the gaps in quality of services and patient safety and take steps to improve the services; oversee, advise and support service improvement work.
- Induction training for clinical staff
- Clinical Audits
- Risk Assessments
- Training and Competency sign/offs
- Clinical Policy Reviews
- Overseeing the clinical team.
- Organize trainings, meetings, minutes for clinical staff on a regular basis
- To review annually and to establish new policies and procedures related to clinical activities
- Monitor, guide, support the performance of the clinical staff
- Participate in the interviews with the candidates related to clinical care
- To perform annual appraisals for clinical staff
- To perform audits and risks assessments on a regular basis related to clinical activities
- To monitor patients clinical records
- Act in respond to accidents, significant events related to clinical activities
- Other activities according to the separate mandate
- Knowledge of CQC and what the requirements are
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Medical Studies
- Leadership skills and management experience
- The ability to make decisions
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Understanding of the relevance of the law in healthcare; knowledge of medical office principles, standards, applications and tests; knowledge of health & safety and infection control policies and regulations
- Confidentiality – maintain patient, team member and employer confidentiality
- Customer service oriented
- Budgeting Skills
- Strong attention to detail ensuring accuracy across all responsibilities
- Adaptable to a dynamic and changeable working environment that requires flexibility
- Have not been responsible for, been privy to, contributed to it facilitated, any serious misconduct or mismanagement
Salary is £55k – 70k doe
25 days holidays,
Free consultations and family members
50% off treatments and tests
The hours are 9am to 5pm but with occasional Saturday (day off in the week to compensate).
|Salary||£55k – 70k|