Our client is a private medical practice based at King Edward VII. The practice itself boasts a group of 7 highly experienced Consultant Urological Surgeons, and a full, proficient administration team.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Accounts Assistant to join our friendly, caring and supportive team.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, the ideal candidate will have proven accounting skills. They will also have experience with DGL Practice Manager, although this isn’t essential. They will be conscientious, well-organised and have great time management skills. This is a challenging role that requires exceptional attention to detail and commitment. Due to the demands of the position, you must be able to use your initiative and have the ability to prioritise and manage your workload.
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
Salary £28,000 – £33,000 dependent upon experience.
- Submitting invoices electronically to insurers
- Receipting payments
- Daily banking and reconciliations
- Credit control – chasing debts
- Billing audits
- Preparation of accurate month-end management reports
- Assisting with patient accounts queries
- Sending out reminder letters and statements
- Personal, telephone and e-mail contact with patients, insurers, embassies and third parties
- Performing basic office tasks, such as filing, data entry, answering phones, processing the mail, etc.
- Filing and archiving
- Other ad hoc duties as and when required
- ACCA qualification or equivalent although not essential
- Excellent knowledge and application of Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional communication skills and telephone manner
- Previous private patient accounts experience advantageous but not essential
- Knowledge of DGL Practice Management software advantageous
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism, courtesy, care and attention to detail at the highest level
- Ability to work unsupervised and on own initiative
- Adherence to GDPR regulations, patient confidentiality and data protection of information
- Ability to prioritise workload, multi-task and be flexible
- Strong attention to detail & highly organised
- Exceptional personal skills and team player
- Excellent time management skills
Training and support will be given.
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard within one week of the closing date, please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.